An opportunity for you to participate in an online study that focuses on exploring the symptoms of Pernicious Anaemia.
Aim of the study
To establish how (and if) physical and psychological symptoms of the condition change over the 12-week treatment period.
This post aims for recruitment of volunteers for project reference number: 10256, approved by the Psychology Ethics Panel of Cardiff Metropolitan University. You are under no obligation to reply to this post, however if you choose to, participation in this research is voluntary and you may withdraw at any time. If you wish to participate in the study, you will be entering a prize draw for £30 Amazon Voucher, which one of the winners will receive after the completion of data collection.
To be eligible to take part in the project you must be:
- A Member of the Pernicious Anaemia Society
- Have a diagnose of Pernicious Anaemia (not just B12 deficiency) for at least one year
- Receive 12 weekly injections
- Do not take any other B12 supplementation
- Aged 18 or over
If you meet the inclusion criteria and wish to take part in the study please carry on reading for more information.
If you wish to proceed on with the study, then you can expect the following:
- Each week you will be sent a link to an electronic questionnaire.
- In week one you will be asked to provide some basic demographic information and some details about your current treatment for you PA. You will also be asked to provide the date of your last B12 injection. You will be asked questions about your PA symptoms and mood.
- Over the next 11 weeks you will be prompted by email to fill out an online questionnaire which will take about 15-30 minutes. This will ask you questions about your PA symptoms and mood. Your continued participation in this research study is indicative of your consent.
- All data collected will be kept anonymous. This means you will never be referred to by name in the study. You will be assigned a unique identifier code, and only the researcher will know which code you have been allocated.
- You will need to complete an online questionnaire weekly for 12 weeks
- You have the right to withdraw from the study at any point during the 12 weeks of data collection without giving a reason. After this 12 week period the data will be analyzed, and you will be unable to withdraw your data during this phase.
If you feel you would be interested in participating in this study, and meet the Participation Criteria, please click the button and enter your email, and you will be contacted by the researcher with more information and study links.
Thank you so much!