Highlights of The Pernicious Anaemia Society
Tenth Anniversary Conference
Birmingham, Saturday 10 December 2016
We’ve uploaded all the Presentations so you’ll be able to watch the whole conference from beginning to end.
The Presentations are free of charge to members of the society. Just login and on the Member Homepage you’ll find the link to the page with all the videos.
There is a charge for non-members to view the presentations, but we’ve kept the cost under the price of a ticket. After clicking the button below you’ll be taken to the website with information about the conference and the video’s and you can sign up to view them all for a one time fee.
Below you’ll find the first video, of Martyn Hooper opening the Conference, and photos from the Conference
Video and Photo’s from the Conference
The Conference aims:
1. Update members on the Research Programmes that the society is involved with.
2. Allow the Lead Researchers of the various Research Programmes to meet our members.
3. Allow the Lead Researchers of Research Programmes to meet other Lead Researchers to share ideas and experiences.
4. Provide the opportunity for future Researchers to recruit research participants.
5. Allow members of the society to register for future research programmes.
6. Provide members with information on alternative treatment regimens.
7. Provide members with advice and guidance on Employment and Education issues from exhibitors at the conference.
8. Provide a forum for members to meet other members and exchange information on coping strategies, share experiences and gain other useful information.
The Conference Speakers
Dr Chris Steele, MBE
GP and resident doctor on ITV's This Morning
Professor John Hunter
Professor of Medicine, University of Cranfield; Honorary Consulting Physician, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
The microflora of the large intestine and B12 metabolism
Dr Anna Guildford
Senior Research Fellow, School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Science, University of Brighton
Cells, B12 and Future Treatment
Dr Willemina Rietsema
GP/ family physician
B12: Work in Progress
Dr Lenira Semedo
Dept of Psychology, University of South Wales
Sister Rachael Barnes
Only Skin Deep
Dr Dominic Harrington
Scientific Director Viapath, St Thomas’ Hospital, London
Laboratory Assessment of B12 Status
Dr Hajo Auwerda
Haematologist, MC Zuiderzee Lelystad, The Netherlands & Founder B12 Kliniek
Vitamin B12 the most beautiful cofactor in Nature
Dr Nicola Ward
Senior Lecturer, Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice, De Montfort University
Treatment of Pernicious Anaemia: Current UK practise
Dr Heidi Seage
Senior Lecturer, School of Health Sciences, Cardiff Metropolitan University
Exploring the impact of stigma on well-being in pernicious anaemia
Dr Malcolm Boyce
Medical and Managing Director of Hammersmith Medicines Research Ltd
Clinical trials of a new medicine that blocks the effect of gastrin in patients with pernicious anaemia